Medieval & Renaissance Tour
If you want to discover the best of Florence with a professional guide, but also want to feel free from time constraints, this is the tour for you. Join and leave flexible walking tour circuits as you please. Be escorted by professional guides who are on hand to meet you throughout the day. Join the tour either in the morning or in the afternoon, starting from the very heart of Florence, Piazza della Signoria. Each day, you can choose from different timetables.
Immerse yourself in the culture and history of the Tuscan capital, thanks to engaging storytelling by expert local guides. Discover the neighborhood of San Lorenzo, where you can find the Basilica of S. Lorenzo, the church of the Medici family, and the Medici Chapels. Visit the elegant cloister, a green oasis of peace in the heart of the Medici district. Admire the impressive cathedral with Brunelleschi's dome and Giotto's bell tower. See the Baptistery of Saint John with the Gates of Paradise. Walk along the Arno River to reach the Ponte Vecchio, the famous "Jewelry Bridge". Then continue to the picturesque Mercato della Paglia, and the famous Fontana del Porcellino.
- Professional local English or Italian-speaking guide 24-hour or 48-hour
- Florence City Walking Tour pass, with two routes, each lasting 1.5 hours
- Possibility to choose between different departure times
- Unlimited access to a self-guided mobile city guide
- Multilingual audio commentary
- Special self-guided tour in honor of Dante